Saturday, November 14, 2009

Should I add anything to my eclectic Wu Shu style?

Bruce Lee (Li Jun-Faan) studied Wing Chun, but he later developed his own "Jit Kun Do". A Sifu Hung combined his Tiger and his wife's Crane plus some moves from the 3 other Shaolin animals and Hsing-I's 5 Element Fist to create the best of the 5 Shaolin family styles. I add styles of Japan, Korea %26amp; Tibet to my "Wu Da Wu Shu". "Wu Da" = 5 Strikes, for 5 symbolizes completeness in China, e.g. 5 peoples, 5 music notes, 5 elements, etc. Wu Shu means Martial Arts. (Kung Fu denotes Great Achievement in any field.) To start you off, I tell you one of my 5 Hits is Chang Jiu Shou Da = Long-Distance Hand Blows. For this, Choi Li Fut's "Windmill Fists" are best, but Northern Shaolin techniques are close. I use about 50% CLF and 40% NS. The other 10% is a mixture of other Chinese Shaolin styles, Japanese Goju Kai, Korean Tae Kwan Do, Tibetian Pak Hak Pai, etc. My other 4 strikes are Jung Jiu Shou Da, Dwan Jiu Shou Da, Di Ti %26amp; Gau Ti. What are they? What styles should I use for them?

Should I add anything to my eclectic Wu Shu style?
I guess that it depends on what you are using this for. If you mean for Wushu competetions and forms competetions then there are a variety. (Jet Li won 5 National Wushu competetions with Fanzi Eagle Claw).





If you mean for actual combat, then go with what you find as effective. (Bruce Lee himself said if you taught a good boxer wrestling, he could beat any Kung Fu master). Best way to find effectiveness is through sparring and competetion. Sanda (San Shou) is great for that.





Additionally i have some questions...





"5 music notes" there are 7 (A-G) far more if you count sharps and flats, harmonics, and the like.





You really seem to know your stuff though, good luck to you. I guess what would help is if you mentioned the purpose of this.





Combat, Wushu forms competetions, personal development, etc.





Good luck to you.
Reply:It depends on your goals. It sounds like you want to be a movie star. If so, the styles you have should suffice, now work on your acting skills.

peach

No comments:

Post a Comment