Thursday, November 12, 2009

Kendo issue is too famous, and now Xmas, soccer issues. Why Korean lies that they have the roots of those?

I'm an historian mostly work on Asian histories. So fortunately I've seen tons of literatures enough not to be a credulous sheep about those asian cultures, and I think it's quite funny seeing Koreans inroads foreign cultures such as Soccoer, Xmas, All Languages, British people, European cultures, Chinese cultures, Japanese cultures and its original martial arts are Originated in Korea they say so....


Too me and all historians this phenomenon is just hilarious but I simply wonder why they keep inroading foreign cultures with absolutely no evidences.


Although I'm clean and familier to official documents and literatures of history as I have seen in my eyes, I wish if someone could tell me what's the matter with them.


I have spoken to Chinese historian about this "taking overs" cuz I thought Chinese and Japanese might know Korean people more than I do, but I guess not...





Excuse for my poor English but I really need help from someone who's familier to thier actions.

Kendo issue is too famous, and now Xmas, soccer issues. Why Korean lies that they have the roots of those?
Confucian tradition has dominated Korean thought, along with contributions by Buddhism, Taoism, and Korean Shamanism. Since the middle of the 20th century, however, Christianity has competed with Buddhism in South Korea, while religious practice has been suppressed in North Korea.


According to 2003 statistics compiled by the South Korean government, about 46% of citizens profess to follow no particular religion. Christians account for 27.3% of the population and Buddhists 25.3%.


Koreans valued scholarship and rewarded education and study of Chinese classic texts; Yangban boys were highly educated in Hanja. In Silla, the bone rank system defined a person's social status, and a similar system persisted through the end of the Joseon Dynasty. In addition, the gwageo civil service examination provided paths of upward mobility.


Modern Korean education system, however, has been heavily criticized for its emphasis on mechanical and passive learning and memorizing, resulting in lack of creativity and strong personality. The critiques cite that while many Korean students have above-average math abilities, seriously lack creative and progressive thinking.
Reply:As a cracker who practices Hapkido (A Korean art)


I cannot even pretend to be a expert but in my experiences with Koreans they are over confident and far too prideful of a people to be taken seriously. They all like to say I have no basic concept of Hapkido but I win (or used to win until I quit studying) there exhibitions and they would bad mouth me because again I'm a cracker


No comments:

Post a Comment