Thursday, November 12, 2009

Any opinions on Chinese Kenpo of New Mexico in Las Cruces, NM?

I am looking for reputable martial arts instructor (any style) for myself.

Any opinions on Chinese Kenpo of New Mexico in Las Cruces, NM?
I have no opinions on that school in particular, but I do find the term "Chinese Kenpo" almost as amusing as the term "Shaolin Kenpo". I don't mean to offend you if you are a Kenpo/Kempo artist, as I believe it to be a great system that incorporates both Japanese and Chinese aspects, but lately, certain schools have started to compromise their system's origin in hopes of attracting more business. Basically, "Kempo" is a Japanese word to describe a Chinese martial art. Kempo/Kenpo as we know it is an American system derived mainly from Hawaii, which has both heavy Chinese and Japanese influence.


Kempo/Kenpo is no more Shaolin or Chinese (purely) than you or I are direct descendents of Adam and Eve.


As with anything else, do your homework on a system, then do your homework on a particular school to make sure you are getting what you want out of either.


Good luck to you!
Reply:If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you can't see Chuck


Norris you may be only seconds away from death.


No comments:

Post a Comment